Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 22 of 22

Thread: I ran consistent high 16's whats wrong with my car

  1. #21
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Bald, old tires beat new, full treaded tires. Fact!

    I just went from completely bald Yoko AVSi 205-50-15 to almost new ones sized 215-50-15.

    I also had the chance to drive two cars at an auto-x test and tune event. One (mine) had the bald, tread-peeling Yoko's. The other had new, good tires (Sumitomo something?).

    The new tires sucked ass in comparison. Both cars with set up suspensions.

    ------------------
    Greg Holden
    96 GSR, JSRC @10psi, All the Goodies!
    Best 1/4 ==> 13.556 @ 105.29mph
    My JRSC Install Site

  2. #22
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was being facetious...
    Recently, I have seen soooo many people complaining of their bad time-slips due to having BALD tires... and the fact is that this HELPS with traction... not only in drag racing but also in autocross (thus the reason that there are new 3/32" race tires available).

    I am not suggesting Fred that you were making excuses... however, it is unclear in your post why you would mention tire condition.

    ------------------



    '93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •